Albury Wodonga Health is offering a twelve month Graduate Program to suitably qualified Double Degree Bachelor of Nursing / Bachelor of Midwifery Graduates Commencing 14 February 2022.
The program is designed to support the newly-qualified Registered Nurse/ Registered Midwife in their transition from student to practitioner.
You will be given the opportunity to gain Midwifery experience, Special Care Nursery and Women's surgical experience in a supported environment, while improving your theoretical knowledge through attendance at study days and hospital education sessions.
The Maternity Unit includes the Antenatal/Postnatal ward, Birth Suite, and Special Care Nursery. AWH Maternity Unit has on average 1650 deliveries annually and as Special Care Nursery that cares for babies from 32 weeks gestation and above.
Key components of this program include:
- a comprehensive orientation to the Health Service and its clinical areas
- all graduate positions are 0.8EFT
- acces to an e-learning portal
- Rotations to diverse clinical areas (special care nursery, birth suite, antenatal/postnatal floor, women's surgical unit)
- Access to clinical educators
- Regular performance reviews at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months
- Regular feedback regarding performance as well as strategies for improvement
- Fortnightly debriefing sessions
- Certificate of completion
- Salary Packaging options
Applications will be accepted between 7 June and 9 July 2021.
All applicants must be registered to participate in the GNMP Match via the allocations and placement service www.allocations.pmcv.com.au
Applicants will not be considered unless they participate in this system.
What to Include in Application:
- Cover letter (minimum 1 page)
- Resume (maximum 2 pages)
- 2 Summative (final) clinical appraisals, which include the educators comments (formative appraisals are not required)
- 2 professional referees with phone number and email address Academic transcript
Applications will be accepted via our unique online recruitment program PRESTO. Within PRESTO you can download the application along with comprehensive 'how to apply' guidelines.