We are committed to community participation and encourage consumers, carers and community members to get involved to help maintain a high quality health service for the AHW catchment community.
To learn more about consumer participation at AWH, please refer to the AWH Consumer and Community Engagement Framework. The Framework establishes a foundation for AWH to build on its community and consumer participation activities and provides a shared understanding of what engagement and participation means at AWH.
- To improve health outcomes
- To make health services more accountable and more responsive to consumer needs
- To improve the quality and safety of health care
- To help health service planning
How might you participate?
At AWH consumers, carers and community members contribute in a variety of ways. Some examples include:
- Become a consumer advisory – contact the volunteer coordinator to register your interest at 'How to register'
- Responding to patient satisfaction surveys
- Providing feedback on AWH services
- Involvement in focus groups, interviews and workshops
- Involvement on committees and working groups
- Volunteering to undertake patient experience surveys
If you would like to register your interest in participating please visit the 'How to register' page.
AWH has a Consumer Advisory Committee (CAC), including volunteer community members who bring their own diverse experience and knowledge to their shared interest in the provision of good health care. This committee advises the AWH Board and Chief Executive on priority areas and issues requiring consumer and community participation, and on matters of community interest or concern. The Committee operates as a sub-committee of the AWH Board under a Terms of Reference. One of the CAC’s key tasks is to develop, implement and monitor the organisation’s Community Participation Plan.
If you would like further information about how to apply to be a CAC member, please contact Janet Chapman, Executive Director Regional Partnerships and Planning as below:
Albury Wodonga Health
PO Box 326
P: 02 6058 4823
Click here for further information about our Community Advisory Committee.
Last updated: 28-11-2019