The Albury Wodonga Health Dental Service provides basic emergency, general and denture services.
Where there is insufficient capacity at our dental clinic, people may be referred to a private dentist or prosthetist.
Waiting Times - Albury Wodonga Health Dental Clinic can advise wait times.
Quality Care - Public dental clinics are committed to providing quality services. Information regarding your rights and responsibilities is outlined in the Department of Health Charter of Client Rights and Responsibilities for Public Dental Services. Copies can be obtained at community dental clinics or by contacting AWH.
Who is eligible to be seen at Albury Wodonga Health Dental Service?
- Children and young people:
- All children aged zero to 12 years
- Young people aged 13 to 17 years who are healthcare or pensioner concession card holders, or who are dependents of concession card holders.
- All children and young people in out-of-home care provided by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH), up to 18 years of age (including kinship, foster care and residential care)
- All people in youth justice custodial care
- People aged 18 years and over, who are health care or pensioner concession card holders or dependents of concession card holders
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- All refugees and asylum seekers
We have eight priority access groups:
- Eligible child or young person
- Child or youth in residential care
- Youth justice client in custodial care
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people
- Asylum seeker
- Mental health client
- Intellectual disability client
- Homeless person
- Eligible pregnant women
The people included in these groups do not need to be on a waitlist to receive general care. If applicable, a letter from a caseworker/doctor is required.
AWH Dental Service
Emergency - Flat fee of $30.00 per course of care
General Care - Fee of $30.00 per visit per course of care, to a maximum for of $120.00 per course of care
Denture Care - $71.50 per denture, capped at $143.00 for a full upper and lower denture.
Children 0 - 12 years - not dependents or holders of concession cards - Flat fee of $35.00 per child for a general course.
Fees per family will not exceed $140.00
Emergency Care - If you are in pain contact the Albury Wodonga Health Dental Service. You will be triaged, assessed and prioritised and treatment accordingly.
Emergency Dental Care: Weekends and Public Holidays. There is an on-call private dental emergency service available on weekends and public holidays; please contact: 0487 271 571 (Albury Wodonga region) or 0460 026 142 (Wangaratta region). This service is managed within the private sector and private fees will apply.