Albury Wodonga Health Visitor Information
Albury Wodonga Health acknowledges that the COVID-19 has had a significant impact upon our health service over the years and there has been ongoing changes in regards to visitor restrictions and mask wearing requirements. Albury Wodonga health wishes to thank the community for you compliance and ongoing patience. Visiting procedures were introduced to keep our patients, families, staff and community safe.
If you are unsure if you can visit a loved one, please speak to a Nurse Unit Manager. They are always available to discuss any concerns. We advise to call prior to arriving to ensure you can visit.
Mask wearing is only required when entering the wards and clinical spaces. Visitors are no longer required to wear masks in non-clinical areas (entrance, hallways, waiting areas).
While we do not currently have visitor restrictions in place across the health service, wards may limit visitor numbers in response to clinical risks, following consultation with individuals, or if social distancing in shared rooms limits visitor numbers.
To respect the need for quiet and privacy of new parents staying in shared rooms, the following guidelines are in place across maternity:
Partner or support person and accompanying siblings of baby are welcome anytime.
- 11.00am – 1.00pm and 5.00pm – 8.00pm (for visitors)
- Rest time: 1.00pm – 5.00pm
- Maximum 2 visitors at the bedside at any one time (not including partner/support person).
- 2 people (partner/support person/s), time unlimited.
Special Care Nursery
- Parents only – open visiting hours.
Our team are always happy to discuss individual needs. Patients or visitors are encouraged to speak with a Nurse Unit Manager if they have any questions or concerns.
Reminder: Visitors to all areas are requested to wear a surgical mask (available at the door).
Visiting guidelines for Blackwood, will be in accordance with Beechworth Health’s current visiting policy (Ph: 03 5728 0200)
Albury Wodonga Health facility entry points
To keep our community, patients and hospital environments safe, all visitors will be required to enter our facilities via designated entry points:
- Albury Hospital via the main entrance (front reception) and the Emergency Department after hours only.
- Wodonga Hospital via the main entrance (front reception) or Maternity main entrance if a designated maternity visitor only and via Emergency Departments after hours.
- For services other than hospital admission (outpatient), visitors will enter via the above entrances and the Wodonga Community Rehabilitation Centre, Vermont Street entrance as required
- All other sites, including mental health facilities, access is via front reception only.
The Hydrotherapy Pool at the Albury campus is closed and will remain so until further notice.