Health Coordination Team
Health Coordination Team (HCT) works with people with long term health needs. We aim to help people understand and manage their health conditions, and reduce the risk of coming to hospital.
An initial assessment is conducted with emphasis on listening to the person’s concerns and developing a plan of care to meet their health needs. It is essential that the person be willing to take actions to improve their health.
Allied Health and Nursing staff within the HCT are known as Health Coordinators. People on our program are linked with a specific Health Coordinator who works with them over a period of 2 – 9 months.
People can be referred to Health Coordination if they have:
- A long term health condition such as
- Lung problems
- Heart problems
- Been in hospital, or at risk of going into hospital because of their health condition.
- Live in Wodonga and Upper Hume Region and Albury, Thurgoona or Lavington.
- We listen
- We tailor our support to your needs
- We work in partnership with you
- We help you manage your health to make your day to day life easier
- It’s government funded
- We do home visits if needed
Benefits of Health Coordination
- Improve your health
- Have more control of your health
- Get more out of your health and medical appointments
- Manage better at home
Fees and charges
There are no fees for Health Coodination
Who can refer to Health Coordination?
All Health professionals can refer to Health Coordination. People in the community are able to self-refer.