During its first year of operations The Communications Team have supported a number of major internal and external communications projects. This has included the following (amongst others):
Go here for more information on major projects
- COVID-19 communications (case management, restrictions, testing requirements etc)
- COVID-19 vaccination roll out
- New Albury Emergency Department redevelopment
- AWH Clinical Services Plan
- AWH Master Plan
- New Nolan House development – Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit
- Albury Wodonga Regional Cancer Centre 5 year anniversary
- Community Outpatients Services Hub
- Culture 2025
- Business Improvement Plans
- Quality Awards / AWH Awards
- Patient Stories
AWH Brand Management
At its July 2021 meeting the AWH Board approved the adoption of a refreshed AWH logo. The new logo incorporates a contemporary font (an update on the original use of Times New Roman), a refreshed colour palette and supporting design scheme, and places the Albury Wodonga Health name beside the logo’s coloured rings, so it can more practicably scale in size. In developing the new logo, it was important for the old and new logos to co-exist during the transition from the old to the new. This is to ensure a low cost and low risk approach, providing an ability for the logo to be updated immediately on all electronic platforms and newly created resources, whereas high expense, long-life assets could wait to be rebranded at the end of life or when an update is naturally required.
Templates updated with the new logo for presentations, briefs, procedures and client facing information sheets will be rolled out gradually.
The AWH Communications team is responsible for leading the internal communications for strategic and corporate programs across the organisation, as directed by the Chief Executive, as well as manage organisation-wide internal communications tools and platforms.
Key tools include:
- The Weekly Dose – a weekly staff newsletter built using content provided by staff, sent each Monday.
- The Rounds – a quarterly digital publication highlighting AWH staff and team achievements, available for internal and external readership
- The Pulse – a monthly update from the People & Culture team, all-staff distribution
- CEO Bulletins – updates and key messages from the CEO emailed to all staff as required
- Coronavirus Updates – the latest information and updates for staff on the ever evolving COVID-19 landscape; distributed as needed
- All-staff webinars – online all-staff meetings to provide updates on important news and projects, and the opportunity to ask questions
- Text messages – used to alert staff of time critical, urgent information.
It is important that AWH provides timely and accurate information to its catchment population to increase awareness of the breadth and depth of AWH services and how to access them, and to be a trusted source of information and updates as it relates to the ever changing COVID-19 situation, including vaccination, testing and case and exposure site management.
Key tools include:
- Media management – proactively engage media to provide information and updates to the community; respond to media inquiries as they are received.
- Social media – showcase AWH people and services; share important information quickly
- Website – provide detailed information about AWH and our services
- Community presentations & engagement – presentations to existing community forums and networks to update them on AWH services and strategic projects.