Albury Wodonga Health Media Guidelines
The AWH Communications Department manages all media enquiries and requests relating to all AWH locations.
We are the first point of contact for any media enquiries, including patient condition updates, interview requests with AWH staff acting as medical experts, escorting film crews and photographers and permission to film on hospital grounds.
Media opportunities are subject to approval and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Weekdays - 8:30am-5:00pm - journalists can email email@example.com or call 02 6048 1160
Requests to film
- All interviews, photography and filming on AWH premises must be approved prior to the media entering an AWH healthcare facility.
- A Communications staff member will escort media during approved visits, including for interviews, filming, and photography.
- All AWH staff directly approached by media outlets will, in the first instance, redirect enquiries to the Communications team.
- When enquiring about a patient condition update, we are guided by the Health Services Act 1988. This legislation, limits the amount of information that can be released without written consent from the patient, or where appropriate their next of kin.
- When categorising the condition, we use the following descriptions: stable, serious and critical. Due to patient privacy, we cannot provide any patient details, such as name, age or injuries.
Patient interview requests
Interview requests to individuals on AWH property must be done through the Communications Team. Our team will not approach a patient on the day of admission. It is important to us as a health service to ensure our patients and their families feel safe and supported when in hospital.
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6048 1160
Live or Simulated Live crosses
Media are permitted to film AWH facilities from public walkways and footpaths, however, we ask to be notified via the AWH Communications Department prior to arrival so that security on location can be advised.
Additional media resources
Reporting on Mental Health
Reporting on People with a Disability
Reporting on Violence against Women and Children