Albury Wodonga Health Allied Health staff from across the whole organisation are invited to join the AWH Allied Health Early Graduate Program in their first two years of employment.
Participants are welcome from the acute, subacute, community and mental health areas and all allied health professions including Allied Health Assistants, Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Health Information Management, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Psychology, Radiation Sciences, Speech Therapy and Social Work.
The benefits of the Early Graduate Program include
- Assistance with transition from student to professional life in a safe supported space
- Getting to know other new graduates in the organisation
- Learning with others at a similar knowledge level
- Exploring common topics within an interprofessional forum
- Variety of learning formats such as simulation, groups discussion, guest speakers and reflection.
- Exposure to the variety of services and opportunities at AWH
The program aims to complement induction, discipline specific training and supervision that is also provided at AWH.
The program consists of monthly 90 minute sessions running from February to December, alternating between the Albury/Wodonga campuses. New staff are invited to join as they commence and attend until the completion of the second work year, thus promoting sharing of knowledge as the more experienced graduates can support and teach the new graduates.
Allied Health Undergraduate and Early Graduate Coordinators
If you would like further information about the program please contact the program coordinator.