OUR COVID-19 VISITOR POLICY HAS CHANGED AS OF 04/03/2021
Albury Wodonga Health Visitor Information
We appreciate this is a particularly difficult time for anyone in hospital and within our health services. We are doing all we can to care for our patients and support staying connected to family and friends.
Our patients are some of the most vulnerable people within the community. Our visitor policy will change and be regularly updated to ensure our commitment to the safety of our staff and patients is upheld.
Across most of our services visiting hours are strictly between 10:00 – 13:00 and 17:00 – 20:00.
Maternity ward visiting hours are strictly between 11:00 - 13:30 then 15:30 - 20:00
Due to the impact of COVID 19, and in line with Department of Health, Victoria guidelines, our hospital visitor hours have changed. Further local restrictions may also apply, please check this page before visiting our health services. Should you have any questions, please ask a staff member or call our COVID hotline.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Albury Wodonga Health facility entry points
To keep our community, patients and hospital environments safe, all visitors will be required to enter our facilities via designated entry points:
- Albury Hospital via the main entrance (front reception) and the Emergency Department after hours only.
- Wodonga Hospital via the main entrance (front reception) or Maternity main entrance if a designated maternity visitor only and via Emergency Departments after hours.
- For services other than hospital admission (outpatient), visitors will enter via the above entrances and the Wodonga Community Rehabilitation Centre, Vermont Street entrance as required.
- All other sites, including mental health facilities, access is via front reception only.
All visitors will be asked a series of COVID-19 related questions, have their temperature checked and details recorded upon arrival to the various Albury Wodonga Health facilities.
Visitors will NOT be permitted to enter if they:
- Have or a member of their household/household visitor has been to an identified COVID location of concern check all Australia here.
- Have any COVID-19 (Coronavirus) symptoms i.e. fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or loss of sense of taste.
- Are awaiting COVID-19 (Coronavirus) test results.
- Have been in close personal contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case.
- Have been contacted by a Public Health Unit and identified as a close contact in the past 14 days.
- If you or a member of your household have arrived in Australia from a place outside Australia on a flight from an overseas location that is NOT designated by the Australian Government as a green travel zone? (e.g. any overseas flight except from New Zealand).
Condition of Entry for Visitors
- All visitors will be required to wear a single-use disposal mask while in the AWH. No cloth masks and/or makeshift covering of the face with a scarf is allowed. AWH will provide masks if required.
- All visitors are required to sanitise their hands, practice social distancing and follow infection control instructions from staff at all times.
- Those who cannot wear face masks due to medical reasons will be provided with a face shield as applicable.
The following visiting guidelines apply:
Please click the area you wish to visit. Any variation must be at the discretion of the nurse in charge and will be by a case-by-case basis.
The Hydrotherapy Pool at the Albury campus is closed and will remain so until further notice.