We have a number of employee benefits that enable us to attract and retain the best employees.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success. So it’s no surprise how much time and effort we put into creating a comprehensive benefits package for all team members. Our benefits are designed to take care of you and keep you healthy, whether physically, emotionally, financially or socially.
Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) offer Salary Packaging with Maxxia: As an employee of AWH, you have access to salary packaging and novated car leasing. Salary packaging is an Australian Taxation Office approved means of restructuring your income available to full time, part time and casual employees. Salary Packaging enables you to nominate certain items such as mortgage, rent or credit card payments to be paid by your employer from your pre-tax income. By ‘packaging’ part of your salary you can potentially reduce the amount of tax that you pay and maximise your net salary. You are entitled to salary package up to $9010 tax-free on items that normally attract Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT), provided that this does not exceed 80% of salary for full, part time and casual employees.
Contact Maxxia for more information on 1300 123 123. Maxxia also have a new initiative called Maxxia Rewards. This benefit provides all AWH employees with a number of discounts to a variety of stores including supermarkets, clothing stores and petrol outlets
Work Life Balance
We offer employees the opportunity to balance their work and home lives through the provision of flexible working conditions. Many of our positions are for full time, part time, casual or even night shift work and there is the ability for flexible rostering in many areas.
Our generous leave provisions can also assist with achieving a work-life balance:
- Accrued Days Off (ADO) - Most full time positions include a monthly day off.
- Annual Leave – You are provided with an extended period of rest and recreation each year. Most positions attract a 4 – 5 week annual leave entitlement.
- Purchased Leave (48/52) - is available for certain positions. By reducing your pay you can receive up to 4 weeks of additional annual leave.
Paid Parental Leave
After twelve months continuous service employees are entitled to paid parental leave.
Cumulative Personal (Sick) and Carers Leave
Payable on occasions of personal illness or for the purpose of caring for immediate family or household members.
Professional Development leave
Eligible employees can apply for leave to attend conferences, seminars and workshops; undertake research or higher education.
Career and Professional Development
At AWH we regard our people as a valuable asset and encourage employees to develop their full potential. We aim to provide clear pathways for development and opportunities for all of our employees. AWH provides a wide range of clinical and non-clinical development and learning opportunities for all staff, that will help enable you to achieve your goal to be the best that you can.
Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
We are committed to ensuring all employees have access to services and programs that promote a healthier environment and lifestyle:
- Fitness Passport -. Want access to a multitude of facilities, whenever you like and as often as you like? Look no further! A Fitness Passport card paves the way to your health and fitness goals, allowing you (and your family) access to any of the facilities available on this program. Click here to find out more about this great offer!
- Smoke Free Workplace - Smoking is prohibited in all facilities including buildings, vehicles and outdoor areas used by employees, patients and the general public. We also provide support to employees wishing to cease smoking with our Quit smoking program
- Annual Immunization and Vaccination Program - This program involves formal influenza vaccination sessions at each hospital site as well as a mobile Influenza Vaccination Clinic which visits all clinical areas.
- Onsite Physio Program - AWH aims to optimise the health and wellbeing of employees with a focus on wellbeing and early intervention. The service provides Physiotherapy assessments, where they can review injuries either sustained at work or outside of work that are impacting on a person's ability to safely and effectively complete their work role
- Compassion fatigue & burnout training This specialised 1-day workshop is for all who work or volunteer, in any capacity, providing care or service to others. It provides an integrated approach to understanding and minimising the harmful effects of exposure to primary and secondary trauma. Participants leave the training with a rich knowledge about compassion fatigue (its prevention, symptoms, treatment, and management) and a comprehensive toolbox of tips and techniques to manage the hidden costs of caring
Employee Counselling Services
We are committed to ensuring all employees have access to services and programs that provide support and promote a healthy lifestyle. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides Professional, confidential coaching and support, free for you and your eligible family members. Good health is not just about getting help when you have a problem – it's about proactively looking after all aspects of your life, for life.
For assistance with:
- Parenting and Family
- Bereavement, grief and loss
- Work/life balance
- Change, workload and career
- Communication and conflict
- Nutrition, sleep and health
- Drug, alcohol and addictions
- Legal and Financial
Reward and Recognition Programs
AWH promotes the acknowledgement and recognition of employees through a range of formal award schemes including:
Employee Service Awards – recognising the loyalty of long serving employees.
Occupational Health and Safety Awards - recognising good work and commitment in ensuring a safe working environment.
Compassionate Care Awards - celebrates the care of both individuals and teams that consistently display compassionate care that:
- Is empathetic, sensitive, kind, warm in interactions with patients, consumers, carers, and/or staff?
- Makes a positive difference to patients, consumers, carers, and/or colleagues; and
- Empowers and inspires others to act in the same way.
Comprehenaive Orientation Program
Transitioning to a new workplace can be really challenging so to assist new employees feel welcomed and equipped for their AWH experience we provide a comprehensive orientation program.
Organisational Orientation - AWH welcomes all new employees and introduces them to our organisation either at our Corporate Induction Day or through our AWH eInduction Program (online). Our interactive elearning format allows new employees, particularly casuals and volunteers, flexibility to complete Corporate Induction at a convenient time and at their own pace.
Departmental Orientation - Managers also welcome new team members by providing a department specific induction, ensuring new employees have the information, tools and support needed to perform well in their new roles
Online Orientation - all new employees are required to complete a mandatory online Orientation course. The course is delivered in an interactive format allowing new employees flexibility to complete the course at a convenient time and at their own pace.
Free on-site car parking is available at all of our services
We are affiliated with two health insurance providers offering discounted private health insurance for our employees - HCF and BUPA.
Income Protection Insurance & Death and Total Permanent Disablement Protection
Standard Income Protection Insurance and Standard Death and Total Permanent Disablement protection is provided through your superannuation fund. You have the option to increase your cover paid from your superannuation contributions.
We are affiliated with two Financial Service Providers offering a range of financial services and products for our employees - Bank Vic and Hume Bank