OUR VISITOR HOURS HAVE CHANGED DURING COVID-19
Albury Wodonga Health has made changes to its visitor policy in line with Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) policy to address the spread of COVID-19. This policy aims to keep ALL patients, staff and members of the public safe.
Patients have been asked to nominate ONE ONLY consistent visitor for their stay. If you are a designated visitor you will be screened at the main entrance before being allowed to enter the hospital.
Please note that visiting hours may change as the COVID-19 situation evolves. You are encouraged to check this page prior to visiting for the latest information.
Inpatient Units / Mental Health Rehabilitation Services:
- Maximum number of visitors per patient in the inpatient wards is 1 visitor per patient, for up to one hour, per day.
- Patients will be asked to identify one only consistent visitor for the duration of their stay. This visitor cannot change day to day. This visitor will be asked to identify themselves upon arrival.
- Visiting hours are strictly between 11:00 – 13:00 and 17:00 – 19:00. Any variation must be at the discretion of the nurse in charge on a case by case basis e.g. end of life care.
- Visitors are permitted to visit once a day for up to one hour
- Use of virtual visiting technology such as Face Time, WhatsApp and Zoom are encouraged for remote patient and ‘visitor’ interactions. Virtual visiting program and patient own devices will be used to facilitate such communication. (Please see user instructions further below on page)
- The woman is allowed one nominated partner or support person for the duration of the labour and delivery.
- Visiting to the Maternity Ward, is limited to one nominated visitor, once per day for maximum two hours.
- A woman with a baby in Special Care Nursery may identify one only consistent visitor for the duration of their stay. This visitor cannot change day to day. This visitor will be asked to identify themselves upon arrival and may visit once per day for up to two hours.
- Special consideration to visiting restrictions can be given at the discretion of the Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery (or delegate) to ensure patient safety/person centred care on a case by case basis.
- The use of water immersion in labour has been temporarily suspended in line with maternity and neo natal clinical care guidance and current COVID Stage 3 restriction. Showering is still allowed.
Critically ill patients
- Maximum of two visitors at one time
- More than two visitors can be nominated
- Maximum of two visitors at any one time
- More than two visitors can be nominated
- One designated support person/visitor is permitted per patient and may visit for one hour per day
- Special consideration to visiting restrictions can be given at the discretion of the NUM/Nurse in charge or Executive Director of Nursing and Midwifery to ensure patient safety/person centred care on a case by case basis.
Intensive Care Unit
- A maximum of two designated visitors (immediate family/significant other) are permitted per patient only on a case by case basis in consultation with the Nursing Unit Manager/nurse in charge.
- Visiting hours are set to support family members to meet with medical staff following rounds for any questions they may have
- Visiting hours for ICU include:
- 1000 – 1200hrs
- 1600 – 1800hrs
- In the case of a patient under 18 years of age, only one visitor at a time is allowed. This person must be a parent or guardian or has temporary care of the child.
- Parents/guardians may alternate their visiting arrangements whilst maintaining only one visitor at a time.
- No siblings or extended family will be allowed to visit.
Residential Aged Care (Blackwood)
- To keep residents safe we are working together with residents and their loved ones within current guidelines to find the right balance between protecting residents & patients from COVID-19 and providing them with vital social connections and support.
- Visits must be pre-arranged and visitors must complete screening and comply with our host site, Beechworth Health Services infection control measures and visiting guidelines.
- All aged care visits to be booked via Beechworth Health Service main reception during business hours.
- Visits to aged care residents will be limited to one visit, for one visitor, for up to one hour per day.
- Visitors will be nominated by the resident/family and will be restricited to close family member or close friend only
- Visitors will be asked to identify themselves upon arrival.
- Visiting hours are from 11 am to 1pm and 5pm to 7pm
- All non essential staff are not permitted to enter.
- Families/friends must not ‘visit’ via windows due to risks associated with window access around the Beechworth Health Service site.
- Only one prospective resident and an accompanying person may visit may visit at a time.
- The Hydrotherapy Pool at the Albury campus is closed and will remain so until further notice.
VIRTUAL VISITING PROGRAM
Enter Our Waiting Area
AWH patients and their family and friends are warmly invited to participate in our Virtual Visiting Program, which is currently being piloted in the Acute Ward at Wodonga Hospital.
We know that visiting and travel restrictions during the COVID-19 pandemic means many family and friends are not able to visit patients during their time in hospital. This prevents our patients from receiving much needed support from their loved ones during their illness. With this in mind, Albury Wodonga Health has developed a Virtual Visiting Program to help connect patients with their family and friends.
This Program involves using telehealth technology to help patients connect with their family and friends. Trained facilitators are available to help patients to use their own devices or access an iPad available for loan to connect with their loved ones, while adhering to strict infection control procedures to minimise the risk of infection and protect our patients, community and staff.
Please contact a staff member on the Acute Ward at Wodonga Hospital if you would like find out more about – or participate in – this Program!
For family and friends dialling into a virtual visit, please click on this Enter Our Waiting Area link.