CAMHS/NECAMHS provides support to children and young people up to the 18 years of age (including their families) who are living in either NSW or Victoria and are experiencing emotional and mental health difficulties requiring specialist mental health services.
CAMHS can provide help if your child is:
- Feeling stressed, anxious or depressed
- Having thoughts/talk/actions of self-harm or hurting someone else
- Having confused thinking or hallucinations
- Having difficulties in relationships with family or friends
- Withdrawing from usual activities or feeling isolated and alone
- Experiencing changes in eating or with personal care
- Experiencing poor self-control which is causing problems at school or behaviours that may be a danger to other people.
Treatment and care may include:
- Individual, family or group therapy
- Education about mental health problems
- Medication support
- Liaison with schools and other agencies
- Support for family members
- Arranging referral to other services as required
The staff in CAMHS have a variety of professional backgrounds including: specialist Child & Adolescent Mental Health; registered in nursing, social work, occupational therapy, and psychology.
Depending on where you live in the North East and Border region determines which CAMHS is available to you.
CAMHS service area includes: Albury City, Hume, Federation Shire areas.
NECAMHS service areas include: Wodonga, Towong, Indigo, Alpine, Wangaratta and Delatite Shires.
Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS/NECAMHS)
For further information contact:
Albury, Wodonga, North East Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS/NECAMHS)
4/155 High St Wodonga, Vic 3690
Ph. (02) 6051 7900, after hours phone: 1300 881 104
For NSW residents: Mental Health Triage (24-7) Ph: 1300 104 211
Wangaratta Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (NECAMHS)
66-68 Faithfull St. Wangaratta, Vic 3677
Ph. (03) 5722 4837, after hours phone 1300 783 347
Youth focussed websites: