Attention visitors, there have been changes to visiting restrictions at AWH campuses & facilities
Tuesday, 28 July 2020 / Albury Wodonga Health
Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all its patients, staff and community.
We appreciate that this is a particularly difficult time for anyone in hospital and we are doing all we can to care for our patients and support you staying connected to your family and friends.
We have updated our visiting policy in line with the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services guidelines and appreciate your patience and support.
Current guidelines for AWH as at Tuesday 28 July, 2020:
All visitors will have their temperature checked and asked a series of safety questions upon arrival.
Visitors will NOT be permitted to enter if they:
- are under 16 years of age, unless by prior arrangement
- have any COVID-19 (Coronavirus) symptoms i.e. fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or loss of sense of taste.
- are awaiting COVID-19 (Coronavirus) test results
- have been in close personal contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case
- are from or have been in the Melbourne and Mitchell Shire restricted areas in the past 14 days
All visitors will be required to wear a face mask
- Visitors may wear their own cloth mask if desired.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided upon entry.
- Visitors with a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a face mask will be provided a face shield as appropriate.
- All visitors are required to sanitise their hands, practice physical distancing and follow infection control instructions from staff
- For a ward visit, the maximum is one (1) nominated visitor per patient, for up to one (1) hour per day.
- Visiting hours are strictly between: 1100 – 1300hrs and 1700 – 1900hrs daily.
Emergency Department restrictions
- One (1) support person or visitor per patient may visit for one hour per day.
- For expectant mothers, one partner/support person is allowed during her labour & delivery. Follow up visits by this partner/support person are permitted for one visit, up to two hours per day.
- Follow up visits by this partner or support person are permitted to one visit for up to two hours per day.
There is special consideration for Palliative Care patients and those with life threatening conditions.
Further information is available at https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/visiting-hospitals-covid-19